Also known as Class 0 SMS, Flash SMS is an SMS message that pops- up on the receiver’s phone screen without the person taking any action. It is also not automatically stored on the phone but once dismissed after receiving it; it is gone, unless the recipient chooses to save it.
WHEN WILL I NEED TO SEND A FLASH SMS?
Flash SMS becomes necessary in the following situations and for the following reasons:
- If the message you want to send across is urgent and needs immediate attention, flash SMS becomes a nice option as the user sees it right away on his/her screen once it’s sent.
- Many times, if the recipients’ message box is full, the message might not get to the person. You need not worry about this with flash SMS.
- This is a very good way of sending One-time PINS that might get expired in a short time period.
- Sensitive information that shouldn’t be seen by others can also be best sent using a Flash SMS (in cases where the phone gets stolen or someone else has access to it).
HOW TO SEND A FLASH SMS
First, visit the NEW portal Send SMS Page on www.smartsmssolutions.com/new/send-sms
- Enter the Sender ID of the message, the Recipients and the Body of the message
- Click on TOGGLE MORE OPTIONS
- Scroll down and click inside the box under ‘ Message Type’ (The default option selected is Text)
- Select ‘Flash’
- Proceed and click on SEND SMS
Once this is done, the Flash SMS gets delivered immediately as a pop-up on the screen of the recipient. Regardless of what the recipient is doing on his/her phone at that particular time, the message will appear on the screen immediately. What a beautiful way to get across urgent text messages.
Do you have further questions or need more clarification on how to use the New Portal to send Flash SMS, kindly drop them in the comment box below. Don’t have a bulk SMS account yet? Register a free account right away and get free SMS units to start.