How to Get the Delivery Report
To get the delivery report visit www.xmx1.com/dlr
Stop the Guesses, Get the Delivery Report
The DLR removes the guesses after you have sent your messages, giving you the true picture of the status of the messages sent.
Advantages of Delivery Report
1. Know the status of the messages sent removing guess work
2. Trim your contact to prune out phone numbers that are already dead, saving you cost and keeping your list clean always
Challenges of DLR
1. The DLR is not available on all networks.
2. The DLR is not sent for all the messages received by the operators.
3. Even when the operator supports DLR and it’s to send the DLR, the time it takes for it to be sent can vary between 15 minutes to 48 hours after the message has been sent.
The primary reasons for these challenges are:
- The DLRs are sent over a Low Priority Route (LPR) which means DLR will be returned if the operator SMS servers have the resources to process and return the DLR. Thus, DLR will either be massively delayed or entirely suspended in cases of high traffic, down servers, major upgrades (network-wide upgrade/base station upgrade), etc.
4. Another challenge of DLRs is the issue of false negatives. This means that the messages are delivered but you’ll get no confirmation. In cases as these, we encourage you not to resend your message but confirm from a few of the recipients.
5. The operators sometimes send false positives. This means the messages are not delivered but DELIVRD status are returned. This is a very rare occurrence. In most cases this is due to technical issues with the operator. In such cases, please contact us to notify the operator.