WHAT IS A UNICODE MESSAGE?
The English language is written in latin characters. But what happens when you need to send bulk SMS in languages which non-latin characters like Hebrew, Chinese, Arabic, Greek, Japanese and even some Nigerian Languages like Yoruba? You need the Unicode SMS to communicate in these languages. Many of our clients have been clamoring for this for a long time and now we have it.
WHY DO I NEED TO SEND UNICODE SMS?
- With Unicode, you can communicate with family members, relatives or friends who speak another language in their native dialect using SMS.
- Religious organizations and schools who needs to communicate with their students in Arabic or other languages can now do that using Unicode.
- If you have business contacts who speak foreign languages like Chinese or Japanese, you can easily communicate with them in their language using Unicode SMS, giving you a competitive edge.
HOW TO SEND A UNICODE SMS
First, visit the NEW portal Send SMS Page on www.smartsmssolutions.com/new/send-sms
- Enter the Sender ID and Recipients of the message
- Scroll down and Click on TOGGLE MORE OPTIONS
- Scroll down and click inside the box under ‘ Message Type’ (The default option selected is Text)
- Select ‘Unicode Text’
- Go back to the Message box and enter your Unicode SMS(Please note that a page of Unicode SMS is 70 characters, with subsequent pages been 63 characters each)
- Proceed and click on SEND SMS
Once this is done, your SMS in Unicode gets delivered immediately to the recipients’ phone number. Note that the recipients of your message must have mobile devices capable of translating the Unicode character codes into readable characters.
Do you have questions and inquiries on the use of the New Portal to send Unicode SMS? Drop them in the comment box below. Register a free bulk SMS account too if you’ve not done so already.