UPDATE: To unsubscribe from 'Do Not Disturb' (DND):
For MTN Lines Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text ALLOW to 2442.
For AIRTEL lines Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text OUT to 2442.
For GLO Lines Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text CANCEL to 2442.
For ETISALAT LinesText STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text START to 2442.
It is no longer news that the ‘Do Not Disturb’ (DND) Service is here to stay. This means that if you are currently on DND, you will not be receiving third-party SMS. While this is a very welcome development due to the abuse of the third-party bulk SMS services, it also has its down-side.
When your phone number is on DND, you will no longer receive notification from all of your services that sends notification SMS using third-party SMS services. This include but not limited to the following:
- Examination PINs purchased online (eg WAEC, NECO, etc)
- Electricity PINs from the third-parties that sell on behalf of the Electricity Distribution Companies
- Transaction update of online purchases (eg Jumia, Konga, MallforAfrica, etc)
- Updates from your school or that of your children
- Notification and update from your religious organization
- Community alerts (eg Community alert by some NGOs during the Ebola epidemic)
If you miss any of the above messages and will like to continue receive them, you will need to unsubscribe from the DND by to (1) texting STOP to 2442 then (2) text ALLOW to 2442 to start receiving bulk SMS.
If after texting ALLOW to 2442, you are still not receiving third-party SMS, you might have to contact your telecommunication provider.