1. USE OF SCAM AND SPAM WORDS AS SENDER ID AND IN MESSAGE CONTENT: This is one of the major causes of bulk SMS delivery failure. GSM operators who are responsible for delivering messages might stop a message from getting delivered if it is screened and found to contain unsolicited content (spam) or words that are used by fraudsters (scam). It is good therefore to avoid the use of these words in our sent messages to avoid delivery problem arising from this. Learn more about words and word combinations not allowed as sender IDs and in the content of a message.
2. RECIPIENT’S PHONE NUMBER SWITCHED OFF FOR LONG: When an SMS gets to a phone number and the phone number is switched off at that moment, there is validity time period the message can stay that way waiting for the phone to come back on so to speak. If the phone remains that way for long and the waiting period elapse, the message expires and whenever the phone does comes back on, the owner wouldn’t get the message.
3. RECIPIENT’S PHONE NUMBER OUT OF NETWORK COVERAGE: The same thing that happens in terms of delivery validity period as with when phone numbers are switched off also applies here. Once the phone number is not in a network enabled area for a long period of time, the message expires and it won’t get delivered.
4. PHONE NUMBERS HAVE BEEN PORTED: Many GSM users have been using the phone number portability provision since its invention. Research has shown that ported phone numbers do not usually receive application to mobile text messages.See here why bulk SMS don’t get delivered on ported phone numbers. That is another possible reason for bulk SMS delivery failure.
5. BULK SMS NOT PROPERLY SCHEDULED: Scheduling of messages allows you to send your important bulk SMS in advance and leave it to get delivered as at when due even when you are not online. In some cases though, the sender of the message did not schedule it properly and as such it doesn’t get delivered as at when due. Learn how to properly schedule bulk messages.
6. INVALID/INCORRECT PHONE NUMBER: Another cause of bulk SMS delivery failure has to do with the status of the phone number sent to. Sometimes, bulk SMS users unknowingly sends messages to incomplete phone numbers, types an incorrect phone number or even send to a phone number that is no longer valid. Invalid phone numbers is one of the demerits of buying phone numbers for SMS marketing campaign.
7. RECIPIENT’S INBOX FULL OR MESSAGE APPLICATION FROZEN: Another reason why a message delivery failure might occur is if the recipient’s message inbox is full. In such situations, the message got to the phone but had no space to land. To get it the owner will have to create space for the message. The same is also applicable for some smart phone which usually experiences message application freezing. The owner will have to restart the phone in such a situation.
8. ERROR ON OPERATOR’S SMS SERVER OR BUK SMS SERVICE PROVIDER’S SERVER: Yes, sometimes, the bulk SMS provider’s server might develop an error and the message sent doesn’t get delivered. In such cases, when it is proven as the reason, the next thing is to pass the issue to the bulk SMS service provider. Also, the GSM operators too might have unknown errors at the time for the message delivery and prevent the message from getting delivered.
In order for you to know the delivery status of your sent messages and also to understand why your sent messages did not get delivered in cases when they don’t, at SmartSMSSolutions, there is an ability to check delivery report for your sent messages. Also, we’ve put together the different delivery status codes and what they stand for.
It is our abiding interest here at SmartSMSSolutions to get your sent messages delivered and the system down here is optimized to do just that provided the above factors are effectively handled. We hope this information helps. Free bulk SMS account registration is still on. Sign up one if you do not have presently.